The nature and method of use of each type of dye varies. In order to facilitate the distinction and mastery, a unified naming method for dyes has been formally adopted. As long as you see the name of the dye, you can probably know which dye belongs to the dye, as well as its color, gloss and so on. China's naming of dyes uses a three-stage nomenclature. The dye name is divided into three parts, namely, crown, color and tail.
1. Crown Nomenclature mainly refers to the name of the dye according to its application method or property classification, such as dispersion, reduction, activity, direct and so on.
2. Color scale The name of the color that can be obtained by dyeing the fabric with this dye according to standard methods. Generally, there are four ways to represent
(1) Use physical common names such as red, green, and blue.
(2) Use plant names such as orange, peach, grass green, rose, etc.
(3) Expressed by natural phenomena, such as sky blue, golden, etc.
(4) Expressed by animal name, such as rat ash, goose yellow, etc.
3. Endnotes Indicates the shade, performance, state, concentration, and fabric of the dye, which are generally represented by letters and numbers.
The three-stage nomenclature of the dye is convenient to use. For example, if the purple RR is reduced, it can be known that this is a purple vat dye with red light, the crown is reduced, the color is purple, R is red, and the two R are red.
At present, the naming of dyes has not been unified in all countries of the world. Each dyeing factory has a name for each dye produced by itself, so there may be several cases where the same dye may have several names.
Chinese dye naming term
Direct, direct fast, direct copper blue, direct diazo, acidic, weakly acidic, acidic complex, acidic medium, neutral, cationic, active, reducing, soluble reduction, dispersion, vulcanization, chromophore, phenol, color blue , soluble vulcanization, fast pigmentation, oxidation, polycondensation, blending, etc.
2 color is tender yellow, yellow, golden, deep yellow, orange, red, red, pink, rose, magenta, red purple, red, purple, turquoise, lake blue, brilliant blue, dark blue, green, brilliant green, deep Green, yellow brown, red brown, brown, dark brown, olive green, grass green, gray, black and so on.
3 color light B- with blue or blue light; G- with yellow or green light; R- with red light color quality F- indicates pure color light; D- indicates dark or slightly dark; T- indicates deep.
Nature and use
C-chlorine resistant, cotton
Fastness of I-Shilin vat dye;
K-cold dyeing (Chinese reactive dye K means thermal dyeing)
L-light fastness or uniformity;
N-new or standard;
P- is suitable for printing;
X-high concentration (Chinese reactive dye X indicates cold dyeing).
The dye titles in different countries are basically the same, the color and the ending are somewhat different, and often vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. China plans to adopt a unified nomenclature as needed.