Advantages And Disadvantages Of Waterborne Paints How About Waterborne Paints?
Water-based paint, as its name suggests, is a paint that has been diluted with water. Compared with ordinary paints, it has a slightly better effect than water paint. What are the advantages and disadvantages of water-based paint? Knowing what you know is not too difficult. What about water-based paints?
Advantages and disadvantages of water-based paint:
Water-based paint is an organic solvent-free paint that uses water as a diluent. There is no substance harmful to the human body such as formaldehyde, which is a very environmentally friendly paint. This paint is full of paint and looks crystal clear. Its flexibility is also very good, in addition to the water resistance is not bad. In general, water-based paints are suitable for a variety of materials such as wood, plastic, and glass.
Water-based paint advantages
1. We all know that water-based paints use water as a solvent, so many resources can be saved. At the same time, it also reduces the occurrence of fire during construction and reduces environmental pollution. Because it uses only a small amount of low-toxic alcohol ether organic solvent, it effectively improves the environmental conditions.
2. It is understood that water-based paint can be directly applied in both dry and wet environments. And the water-based paint has a strong ability to use the wall surface, and the coating adhesion is also very good.
3. The water-based paint coating tool can be directly washed with water, which effectively reduces the amount of cleaning solvent, and also avoids some damage to the construction workers.
Water-based paint defects
1. During the construction process, water-based paint has extremely high requirements on the cleanliness of the wall. The main reason is that the tension on the surface of the water is large, and the dirt causes the coating film to shrink.
2. The corrosiveness of water-based paints on coating equipment is also worrying because it requires the use of stainless steel materials, so the cost is also very high. In addition, the water-based paint has a certain corrosiveness to the conveying pipe. When the metal is dissolved, the dispersed particles are sucked out, and at the same time, the pitting is generated after the application.
3. In fact, the water resistance of water-based paint is also relatively weak. Because the medium of the water-based paint is generally between pH 7.5 and pH 8.5, the ester bond in the resin is easily hydrolyzed, which eventually degrades the molecular chain, thereby affecting the stability of the bath and the coating, and the function of the application. Therefore, when owners buy water-based paints, they must correctly understand these shortcomings!
How about water-based paint?
This paint uses water as a solvent to reduce the pollution of the atmosphere. At the same time, it also saves a lot of resources. This is very time-advanced in the current energy shortage. Therefore, this type of paint has been recognized by many people. In addition, the water lacquer coating tool can be washed with water, which saves the consumption of the washing solvent. Finally, water-based paints are particularly well adapted to the surface of the material and the adhesion of the coating is strong. Third, water-based paint defects Water-based paint has so many advantages, not to say that it has no shortcomings. Water-based paints require high surface cleanliness during construction and materials. If the cleaning is not very clean, the effect of water-based paints will be greatly affected. Another disadvantage is that the water resistance of water-based paints is somewhat poor. This has led many people to give up this paint during the renovation. Speaking of the category of water-based paint, there is such a saying. Any paint that uses water as a solvent or as a dispersion medium can be classified into a paint such as water-based paint. Water-based paints can be classified into water-soluble, water-dispersible, and water-dilutable.
The advantages and disadvantages of water-based paint and the introduction of water-based paints, I believe that you should have more understanding after reading, the content is only for your reference, I hope to help everyone.